About Risk Management Services
In actively supporting the University of British Columbia’s vision as described in TREK 2010 and the People Plan, and in order to achieve the mission of the Department of Risk Management Services (RMS), we will:
- Respect the privacy of all and be sensitive to the diversity of culture and ability in the selection, design, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of RMS programs.
- Demonstrate a fundamental commitment towards providing and maintaining a safer, healthier and more environmentally responsible workplace based on potential impacts to individuals, departments and the campus community as a whole.
- View challenges as opportunities for creativity and innovation by seeking input, accepting feedback and applying new learning in the establishment or betterment of cost effective programs.
- Provide challenging work for staff and support their professional growth and development in an environment that fosters pride in their work. Use a facilitative leadership approach in assisting clients in understanding, integrating and implementing health, safety and environmental principles into the workplace culture at UBC.
- Demonstrate transparency and be accountable for developing and delivering effective, ethical, timely and value-added solutions with and for our clients.